Adult Community Services
Community health services offer a broad range of care and treatment to local residents whether young or old. They offer support to some of the most vulnerable groups of patients - those with long-term conditions and on-going disabilities. Community services include health visiting, district nursing and a wide range of therapy services. They aim to:
- promote health and healthy behaviours – including supporting population screening and vaccination programmes
- promote independence in those with potentially disabling conditions
- deliver treatment in a community or home setting – avoiding hospital or residential care admission where possible
- support case management and disease management for those with complex long-term conditions
- support rehabilitation
- provide end-of-life care.