Support to stop smoking
Smoking can damage your heart and lungs. If you smoke we would advise you to stop now. You should also avoid passive smoking as much as possible. You can get local advice and support in the following ways:
Pop in to your local pharmacy, or chat with your GP or practice nurse.
Over the phone:
Call 0800 587 5833 if you live in Greenwich or 01322 359960 if you live in Bexley.
QUIT to 60060.
email@example.com if you live in Greenwich or firstname.lastname@example.org if you live in Bexley.
Visit the Greenwich stop smoking website at www.greenwichstopsmoking.org.uk or Bexley stop smoking website at www.smokefreebexley.co.uk
When talking to your GP or nurse about stopping smoking, here are some questions you may want to ask them.
- I've tried stopping before, but I couldn't. How can you help me give up?
- How will stopping smoking help my COPD?
- How effective are the different 'stop smoking' programmes?
- Which one would suit me best?
- Will it be easier to stop if I am using some kind of medicinal help, like nicotine chewing gum or patches?
- What if I give up and then start smoking again?
- If I stop smoking, what difference will it make to my condition and how I feel?