Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Service
The Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Service provides:
- antenatal and neonatal screening and counselling for carriers, those who have a haemoglobinopathy and their families
- sickle cell clinics for children and adults
- home visits for all newly diagnosed new born babies, new clients moving in from out of area, service users following A&E attendance or hospital discharge and blood test result information
- advice and information to service users
- support groups
- education and training to other professionals.
How to access the service
The service is open access, which means you can self-refer or be referred by any professional.
- Community health services (children)
- Sickle cell and thalassaemia service