How to make a complaint

Patient Experience: Compliments and complaints

We welcome your views on the services we provide.

If you would like to make a public comment (whether it's a compliment or a concern) about one of our services, please visit the 'what you think' page here.

If you have a more private suggestion or concern, we recommend in the first instance that you contact the service directly and ask to speak to the relevant manager.

If you are still unhappy, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), who will aim to help you resolve the matter.

Freephone: 0800 917 7159


Making a formal complaint

For many people, problems and concerns can be addressed quickly without the need to make a formal complaint. However, we accept that this is not always possible.

If you would like to make a formal complaint, you may contact us at the details below with any compliment or complaint about our services, which will be treated in the strictest confidence.

If you want to make a complaint on behalf of someone else, we will need their consent before we are able to proceed with a full investigation of the complaint.

Alternatively, you may wish to write to us directly.  If this is the case, please contact:

Complaints and PALS Manager
Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust
Pinewood House
Pinewood Place
Kent DA2 7WG

Tel: 01322 625751


What we will do after receiving your complaint

  • We will contact you within three working days to acknowledge your complaint.
  • We will try to speak to you directly about your concerns and the outcomes you are looking for. We will also agree the arrangements for dealing with your complaint. 
  • We will ask the appropriate managers to carry out a thorough investigation. 
  • Our reply to you will show you how the investigation was carried out and what the outcomes of the investigation are.

What to do if you are still not happy

If you are unhappy with our response or require further information, you can ask for a meeting with a senior manager to discuss your concerns.

Getting an independent review

If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you have the right to ask the Health Service Ombudsman to review your case. 

You have 12 months from the date of the issues concerned, or 12 months from being aware of the issues to contact the Heath Service Ombudsman. You should therefore contact them as soon as possible after receiving your final response from us.

You can contact them at:

The Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
London SW1P 4QP

Tel: 0345 015 4033


Our complaints policy

If you would like a copy of our complaints policy please write to:

Information Governance
Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust
Bracken House
Bracton Lane
Leyton Cross Road
Kent DA2 7AF

or email, stating that you require this policy.

Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS)

To find out more about our PALS service, please go to: