Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
Got a problem or need advice?
- Give you information about Oxleas services and the choices available to you, your family, visitors and carers
- Listen to your comments, compliments or concerns about our services
- Help you to resolve any problems you have about our services, as quickly as possible
- Give you information about our formal complaints process and independent advocacy services
You said, we did...
This an example of where PALS has supported service change.
PALS had been receiving a high number of calls from patients regarding communication problems with the MSK service at Queen Mary's Hospital (QMH). The issues included, not being able to get through to the service via telephone, and waiting at reception for long periods while booking in.
This was raised with the Service Manager and the service was monitored over a 4 week period. The analysis during this period revealed a pattern of times and days when patients experienced difficulties contacting the service and issues with the telephone system.
The following changes were made:
- Reorganising staffing at reception at key times resolved the reception queues.
- Changing staff lunch breaks and alternating staff resolved the lunch time communication issue.
- Putting a second member of staff on phone duties at peak times resolved the communication difficulty.
- Installing an outside telephone line with a direct dial to the service.
We are open Monday to Friday (9am to 5pm)
Call us: 0800 917 7159 (freephone)
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org