Musculoskeletal Adult Service
Musculoskeletal is an overall term for conditions affecting your muscles, joints and sometimes nerves. The Musculoskeletal Adult Service aims to prevent the need for hospital treatment by providing experts in the community who can assess and treat your condition or direct you to the right service first time with all the necessary tests completed prior to you being seen.
Benefits of the Adult Musculoskeletal Service
- Faster access to assessment, tests and treatment
- Treatment by the correct specialist
- Access to expert clinicians in the community to assess, treat and advise you regarding your musculoskeletal health
- Shorter waiting times compared to hospital treatment
- Specialist diagnostic and treatment techniques including sonography, injection therapy, extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT), specialist gait analysis, acupuncture and pain management.
How do I access the service?
If you are experiencing joint or muscular pains, please visit your GP. If they feel that you would benefit from a specialist assessment, they will complete a referral on your behalf.
For more information and advice, go to our MSK section at: www.oxleas.nhs.uk/msk
- Community health services (adults)
- ICAT service