Compliments and complaints

While we hope that you are happy with the service we provide, we want to make the process easy if you need to make a complaint. Just get in touch with us and we will work hard to resolve it. To thoroughly investigate your complaint, we may need to share some information from your medical records with clinicians and managers who work at the trust. We will respect patient confidentiality at all times.

How to raise a concern or make a complaint

The quickest and easiest way to resolve any issues is usually to talk to a member of staff involved in your care. If you prefer you can contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS).

If you wish to make a formal complaint, please contact us:

Complaints and PALS Manager
Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust
Pinewood House
Pinewood Place
Kent DA2 7WG
Tel: 01322 625751

Your complaint will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. If you are making a complaint on behalf of someone else, their written consent will be needed.

For other ways to tell us what you think of our services visit our feedback page.

View our leaflet here.

Not sure whether to make a complaint?

Contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) if you have a concern but are not sure whether you should make a complaint or not. PALS can help resolve any problems you might have with our services, whether you are a patient, carer or member of the public.

Is there a time limit for making a complaint?

If you are unhappy about something it is always best to raise it as soon as possible and not more than 12 months after the issue occurred. Sometimes, this can be extended if there is a genuine reason why the complaint could not be made sooner.

What happens after your complaint is received?

We will contact you within three working days to acknowledge your complaint and make arrangements to investigate. We will speak to you directly about your concerns and the outcomes you are seeking.

If you are not happy with our response

If you are unhappy with our response or require further information, you can ask for a meeting with a senior manager to discuss your concerns. The complaints team can arrange a meeting for you: email

You also have the right to ask the Health Service Ombusman to carry out an independent review of your case.

You can contact them at:

The Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
London SW1P 4QP
Tel: 0345 015 4033


we are kind we are fair we listen we care

we’re kind we’re fair we listen we care